Essex Chess League Division 2. Monday 7th November
Redbridge Social Club
ILFORD ½-7½ SOUTHEND I
- NEVILLE TWITCHELL 0-1 H GRIST 181
- TONY KENT 0-1 M SHAW 173
- JASON KLIMACH 0-1 N SUTHERLAND 171
- SYD KALINSKY ½ C WESTRAP 170
- JEF PAGE 0-1 S WEDLOCK 159
- UMAR YUNIS 0-1 D DARTNELL 147
- 7.LEONARDO STEFANONI 0-1 M SAUNDERS 143
- LAVANAN AINKARAN 0-1 F WHITEFIELD 133
Ilford won the toss, white on odds. We should probably have got a few more points, but well beaten by the league favourites.
On Board 2, play went 12. Bxfch Kxf 13.Qd5ch to reach position below.
Black interceded 13…Be6 which is OK, but the computer says 13…e6! which is very strong in all lines. Hard to find over the board in a match.